Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 9: 10 Great Things About Today


Today was a good day.  Let us count the ways:

1)  We set a new record!  20 trail miles and 1 road mile makes for a 21 mile day!

2)  12 miles before 12 noon!

3)  Eagle Rock.

4)  100 mile mark.

5)  Cadbury Egg at said 100 mile mark.

6)  Our first resupply packages!

7)  We passed the group of men ahead of us!

8)  Warner Springs Community Resource Center went all out for us!  (The store hikers used to rely on is closed.)

9)  Ice cream bars and Cokes!

10)  Gorgeous grassy meadows all day long.  It was a beautiful day.

 


 

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 100 miles! Are you going to celebrate with chocolate every 100 miles? Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Dor!
    My favorite is #5 - :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate only every 100 miles?!? How barbaric! If that's because you need more chocolate, consider it done (as long as Guy isn't a serious chocaholic....). I took cookies embedded with miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups to Jazzercise tonight for our We Love Our Instructor celebration. We sang "We Love You, Andi" to the tune of "We Love You, Conrad" from "Bye-Bye, Birdie." Remember that one? And I promise to make you your very own batch of the cookies when you get back home! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I missed out at Jazzercise! I'm eating Snickers, but carried that egg 100 miles! We could always use more chocolate! And yes, Guy is a chocaholic. :)

      Delete
  4. Do I need to send more chocolate? I have copious amounts of it. I'm willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I love your shoes, got myself a pair of them this year and they have been fabulous so far!

    ReplyDelete